At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers financial needs and help them succeed financially. We re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo Credit Card Acquisitions Risk has an exciting and visible opportunity for an individual with a strong analytical background in consumer credit to be part of a team responsible for credit card originations strategy.
This key individual will be responsible for Acquisitions Credit Card strategy development and will but not limited to:
- manage credit risk, size opportunities, build business cases and test existing credit risk criteria
- influence the rollout of test and pilot programs and criteria changes that manage credit risk;
- manage complex analysis to assure profitable growth while minimizing credit/operating losses and reputation/compliance risk exposure
- create and share useful monitoring reports on various credit, vintage, product, offer, channel, mix, swap sets, delinquency, loss rate and concentration risk on new account acquisitions;
- validate and develop controls for implemented strategies assuring they are executed as intended per approved business cases;
- influence timelines for business case development, approval and implementation
- prepare and present strong business cases to senior managers to garner support and approval;
- partner with Compliance and various credit, deposit and product groups and external vendors to develop effective ways to manage new acquisition strategies, leverage best practices and new tools/data
Other Desired Qualifications
- 4+ years of risk experience
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong SAS and SQL data processing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very proficient in Excel and Power Point
- Results driven attitude, problem solving skills
- Well organized, attention to detail
- Works effectively through change, able to multitask
- Prior experience with credit underwriting, risk management, or comparable position with a consumer credit product
- Prior experience in a credit card risk management role in unsecured lending, especially acquisition underwriting or line assignment
- Proven track record with hands on experience in business analytics and recommendations
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with all levels of audience
- The desired individual will be self-motivated and have strong desire to advance in a risk management role
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Associated topics: analyse, business analyst, business analytic, business systems analyst, inspect, investment analytics, investment banking, investment fund, legal, strategy