The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel is currently recruiting for a Director or Food and Beverage to lead all aspects of the Food & Beverage Division to the highest professional standards and in accordance to the standard operating procedures. This position is fully responsible for the compliance of hotel and company policies connected to the Food and Beverage Division or any of its sub departments. The Director of Food & Beverage is directly accountable for the operation of the Caf? Carlyle, Carlyle Restaurant, Bemelmans Bar, The Gallery, In Room Dining, Banquets, Stewarding, Culinary or any other event involving food and beverage services. This role functions as the strategic, hands on operations leader with direct oversight of the Food and Beverage division, assisting the Hotel Manager with implementing hotel goals and strategies. As an executive committee member, the Director of Food & Beverage develops and implements division-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet and exceed the needs and expectations of external guests and property internal guests and provides a return on investment to the owner and Rosewood Hotels and Resorts.
Summary of Required Skills
* Ensures regular, on-going communication (e.g., pre-shift briefings, staff meetings).Continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with guests and internal guests.
* Works with management team to develop an operational strategy that is aligned with the hotels business strategy and leads its execution. Works with team to put sustainable work processes and systems in place that support the execution of the strategy.
* Ensures hotel policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Human Resources guidelines and supports all Human Resource directives.
* Responsible for establishing and maintaining divisional standards in order to achieve and maintain the \"5 star\" status.
* Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for successful performance; coaches team by providing specific feedback to improve performance.Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to standard Human Resource guidelines.
* Actively solicits internal guest feedback, utilizes an open door policy and reviews internal guest satisfaction results to identify and address internal guest problems or concerns.Ensures internal guests are treated fairly and equitably, brings issues to the attention of Human Resources as necessary.Encourages participation in annual internal guest opinion survey.Holds managers accountable for developing action plans associated with survey results and ensures that necessary changes are implemented.
* Ensure that goals and objectives of human resources management are met through supporting the hotel philosophy concerning, but not limited to, hiring and employee relations.
* Serve as Manager On Duty.
* Develops and updates policies and manuals, as related to the division/department, for implementation in the field, while ensuring compliance to the same for consistency across the group.
* Reviews reports and financial statements to determine divisional operations performance against budget.Works with direct reports to determine areas of concern and establish ways to improve the department's financial performance.Leads cost containment efforts within operations including organizational restructuring when necessary.
* All other duties as required.
* Minimum five years' experience in a similar capacity for a luxury or ultra-luxury property.
* Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
* Prior heavy exposure to union property
* Knowledge of overall hotel operations, general business systems, and relevant hotel programs (OPERA, ADP, Micros, Birchstreet, HotSOS).
* Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting 35 pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding
* Strong command of both spoken and written English with fluency in other languages preferred
* Excellent interpersonal relationship with a positive demeanor and ability to work cohesively as part of a team
* Ability to train, motivate, evaluate, mentor and direct employees and managers to achieve desired results; ability to access, input, analyze and retrieve information from computers; ability to maintain excellent relations with staff.; ability to maintain hotel, staff and guest confidentiality at all times; ability to accept responsibility for actions of others; exceptional oral communication skills to ensure ability to negotiate and ability to create, implement and monitor hotel and staff's goals, strategies and policies; ability to converse calmly with irate guests, superiors, subordinates and co-workers in sometimes intense emotional situations; ability to focus and maintain attention to performance of tasks despite frequent stressful, emergency, critical or unusual interruptions; ability to memorize, recollect and quickly retrieve dates, names, times and other data.; ability to work and complete assignments on time despite frequent stressful, emergency, critical or unusual interruptions; ability to participate in (and lead when necessary) all departmental and hotel-wide meetings
Built in 1930, The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel is a New York City luxury hotel that exudes charm and elegance. For generations, it has been the \"home away from home\" for world leaders, celebrities and sophisticated travelers. Guests discover remarkable privacy, luxury and impeccab
Associated topics: assistant restaurant manager, bakery manager, conference, day manager, director, general manager, kitchen manager, night shift manager, shift manager, supervisor
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.