The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel is currently recruiting for a Director of Finance. This position is responsible for the overall management of all finance, accounting, purchasing and MIS functions, including, but not limited to safeguarding all assets, strategic planning/budgeting, and compliance with internal controls and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Maintaining compliance to budgetary guidelines and policy/procedural requirements as set forth by the company. Ensures all areas of operation are familiar with these guidelines and monitors compliance.
* Responsible for preparation of financial information including, but not limited to forecasts, financial statements, variance analyses, and payroll/productivity studies.
* Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
* Enforce legal and fiscal obligations as mandated by government agencies in compliance with professional standard.
* Apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of unstandardized intellectual and practical problems in order to perform and direct many varied and complex tasks.
* Bachelor Degree in Accounting
* Certified Public Accountant designation preferred.
* Minimum 5 years in ultra-luxury hotel operations, preferably in a union environment
* Thorough knowledge of Smartview, Hyperion, Blackline, Sun 6, Sun 4, Birchstreet, ADP E-Time
* Must be experienced in standard industry practices relating to HOA
* Ability to maintain technical competence in accounting, tax matters and emerging hotel industry innovations
* Strong command of both spoken and written English with fluency in other languages preferred
* Excellent interpersonal relationship with positive attitude and ability to work cohesively as part of a team
Built in 1930, The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel is a New York City luxury hotel that exudes charm and elegance. For generations, it has been the \"home away from home\" for world leaders, celebrities and sophisticated travelers. Guests discover remarkable privacy, luxury and impeccable service from this award-winning property.