The Banquet Bartender facilitates all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverage sales for the Banquet Department that come off the bar
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to Customer Service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort and Casino.
- Distinguish and facilitate all compliances for California Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) and the SOP for Pechanga Resort.
- Must keep current with all inventory and supplies and the changes that are constant within Pechanga Resort.
- Organizational skills and understanding of a Banquet Event Order (BEO) to establish direction of a particular function.
- Accounting and accuracy of issued Bank and all duties dealing with Micros, Hosted Bars, and Cash drops.
- Responsible for upkeep and cleanliness of all bars and supplies.
- Written and verbal skills to initiate guests and internal customers (other employees) for correct direction and purpose in a calm demeanor.
- Able to communicate effectively on a daily basis. Eloquent use of discretion and decorum are a must.
- Responsible for BEO specifications
- Responsible for complete set-up of the banquet bar including glassware, ice, other supplies
- Accounting for all banks, receipts, Micros, and Hosted events.
- Maintains the work area in a clean and safe manner at all times.
- Checks all equipment to ensure functioning properly.
- Monitors use of Alcoholic Beverages; identifies patrons showing signs of intoxication per the ABC California State Laws and the SOP that govern Pechanga Resort
- Responsible for complete closing of Micros cash drawers, drops, and paperwork and clean up of the banquet bars, equipment, and recycling of trash, when function is over.
- In addition to bartending, Banquet Bartender may be asked to serve as Banquet Server/Cashier with Pechanga Casino & Resort's Talent Pool.
ACCOUNTABILITY: This position does not have supervisory/management responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EXPERIENCE/TRAINING/EDUCATION: One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and relative experience is required to successfully perform this job.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos as well as read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. This position also requires the ability to write simple routine reports & correspondence. Furthermore, this position requires the ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. This position also requires the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Furthermore, this position requires the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, volume and also the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. This position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must pass test and comprehend ABC California State Laws as well as SOP for Pechanga Resort.
- Must pass test and comprehend Riverside County Food Handlers Card.
- Must pass accredited bartending school or have at least three years experience bartending restaurant, club or banquet facility with recommendations.
- Ability to adapt immediately to any and all changes.
- Must be able to work calculator, Micros, and registers.
- Excellent organizational skills communicate effectively at all times.
- Ability to ingratiate and host' patrons for return visits. Must have a positive attitude and work well guests and staff at all times.
- Prior Banquet experience preferred.
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs.
- Able to read, write, and speak English
- When a bartender is on the floor; it is show-time! All personal issues must be left at home. Absolute decorum and professional manners are needed in handling all situations. We are the cornerstone of the function since we (bartenders) are the only employees that stay in the room of a function from the beginning to the end.
- Bartenders are the liaison from the host to the Captain because we are the only employee in the room at all times.
- It is imperative that the bartender is responsible for all alcoholic beverages and control of the patrons drinking at all functions; high discretion at all times.
- Special vision requirements include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), the ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Associated topics: barista, beer, beverage, beverage service, brewtender, drink, license, liquor, tequila, wine