We Are Hiring
Business Analyst Value-Based Care Enablement - Ascension Care Management, Actuarials - Full-Time, Days - 523 Mainstream Dr. - Nashville, TN
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Care Management (ACM) creates customized healthcare solutions for health systems, payers, and employers that stabilize costs, improve outcomes, and enhance the experience for both providers and individuals. Our range of services strive to create a seamless healthcare experience for providers, payers and healthcare leaders by improving access to and removing complexity from the delivery of healthcare.
ACM serves 1.3 million patients across the nation and manages more than 20,000 providers through our clinically integrated networks of providers. ACM helps our customers eliminate stress and uncertainty, allowing them to confidently provide quality, value-based services and solutions. Beyond traditional population health management solutions, ACM offers additional expertise in claims management, care coordination, risk management and safety strategies that allow healthcare leaders to avoid challenges and capitalize on healthcare opportunities.
What You Will Do
The Business Analyst is a critical member of the Ascension Care Management (ACM) Actuary & Analytics, Data Strategy and Development team, and serves as a key resource for the organization as it engages with value-based providers across the continuum of a care. The primary function of the role is to interface with ACM s partner Insurance/TPA providers, and internal SME on the Data Strategy and Development team to ensure data is transmitted, validated, analytics ready, and ingested into Ascension s enablement product portfolio.
- Partner with the product owners and data analysts to gather, validate, and translate business requirements for one or more of the following functional areas; member, provider, claims, constituent services, financial services.
- Configure, aggregate, and manage data in ACM specific departmental data collections to support intermittent analytics during parallel development efforts.
- Ensure non-functional requirements are considered as part of the solution (e.g. reliability, availability, security, usability).
- Identify and alert project leadership to project risks and issues which could impact adherence to project timelines and budget.
- Ensure timely and effective execution of all deliverables.
- Understand business objectives and how technology can optimize and enable solutions.
- Collaborate with Ascension Technologies Quality Assurance (QA) team to ensure testing efforts align with business functional requirements.
What You Will Need
- HS or Equivalent.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, or related field preferred.
- Three years of progressively responsible experience in the management of financial systems and financial reporting, financial data analysis, and/or decision support analytics.
- 1-3 years of experience interpreting user stories and applying the appropriate technical solutions to deliver operational results preferred.
- Experience with fully adjudicated Medical and Rx claims, Premium, Provider, and/or Supplemental data highly preferred. Medicare Advantage experience a plus.
- Consulting, business analyst, and/or decision support analyst experience is a plus.
- Strong SQL skills a must, Tableau and Python skills a plus.
- Strong Business Requirements Development skills preferred.
- Expertise in an Integrated Delivery Network, Insurance Provider, or TPA preferred.
- Prior experience in Optum applications, the Kimball Enterprise Data Warehouse model, Hadoop, and/or other application implementations, or large-scale projects is highly desirable.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Health is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Associated topics: analyst, consult, financial analyst, financial analytic, government, investment analyst, law, refine, regulation, strategy